Starting my own business in 2009 was in a way an escape for me, during this time I was experiencing personal hardship due to health problems with two of my young children. I was missing the mental stimulation of my former career, yet had to be a caretaker at home. I often reflected on those less fortunate than I that I often rubbed shoulders with... there had to be a way to earn extra income in these desperate situations. This was also when the economy was crashing and people were losing their jobs. I noticed a trend happening - some very brave people took this opportunity to strike out on their own. Having done it myself, I wanted to help by keeping my services affordable. I discovered... this makes me happy.
By 2012 Liz and I had realized that our values aligned. We are both passionate serial entrepreneurs and we need to help people. We got our heads together and created The Women In Motion Business Group. We have collectively invested our own resources to create the network we have today (our Facebook page alone has over 1,900 active followers). If you have been a member of WIMBG you know that we have experimented with the price of our membership and continually add valuable services. To be clear, we are a for-profit organization, but after doing some soul-searching we realized that this still doesn't feel right.
Today we launch our Sisters In Motion initiative.
What if you don't have a website yet?
Starting today, we will be hosting contact sign-up forms for FREE on member profile links. This allows a start-up to build a targeted database and begin email marketing. The WIMBG member profile link can be used as a landing page until a website can be built.
A way for us all to give back
Do you have a friend with a brilliant idea who lacks the confidence or resources to launch it on her own? Do you know a recent college grad having a hard time finding a job but educated enough to be doing something?
- We will take $25.00 off the price of a Start-up Consultation when you sponsor a sister in motion. Not only will your sponsorship be discounted but you too will be eligible for the same discount for whatever consulting fits your situation.
- We will continue to offer affordable services for small businesses and discounts for our members from relevant partners.
This feels right... we are happy, we hope you are too!
- Business listing in our directory and on your own individual link on our website
- "Join My Mailing List" sign up on your individual business URL, contacts are owned by you.
- Promotion by WIMBG on our social media networks
- Submission of unlimited articles to our magazine to showcase your expertise with the opportunity to be published in our newsletter
- 10% member's only discount for select services offered by WIMBG
- 50% OFF advertising on the WIMBG network (website, newsletter and social media)
- Special discounts from our partners